Wednesday, February 17, 2010

No Cath But...


The echo was sufficient and no cath is needed today. We will be going home soon just right after we schedule another open heart surgery ;-(

The cardiologist was surprised how well Abi's doing and how great everything else works, nevertheless correcting this issue should not wait longer than 3-4 weeks and can be done only through another open heart surgery.

The first plan was to do the surgery this Friday because they thought Abi was not doing well. Since that's not the case we will have to come back in couple weeks.

Another update soon.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone


  1. I'm sorry to hear about the open heart surgery :( ...but if this makes her breathe better and have a more healthy development, then let those great Dr's fix her right up. My thoughts are with you as you travel home. Be safe. ~SRH

  2. Prayers, prayers and more prayers. ~JRM~

  3. :'( can't help but confess my disappointment... but still faithful and praying...

  4. I'm so sorry to hear this news...I will be praying for your family and the Dr.'s and nurses who will be caring for Abi. This is no surprise to the One who created Abi and He will never leave you or forsake you.

  5. From Vienna I send some prayers,
    PS: Best Regards to Allison.

  6. Wow I'm so so sorry to ehar this for you and your precious Abi. This beyond stinks!!! It just goes to show that CHD is never really cured. I'm sure your heart is broken over the news but please have faith. She did amazingly well with her last very complex surgery, she will breeze through this one I'm sure. I know that either way it is hard as my daughter is facing her 2nd surgery this Tuesday the 23rd and I hate it but I know she needs it. I will be praying for your sweetheart.